Review Agenda Item
1. Director Herndon, Chair; Director Carr, Vice-Chair; Directors O’Halloran, Peterson
1. The Chair will call the meeting to order.
2. The Secretary will call the roll.
1. The Secretary will lead the Committee in the Pledge of Allegiance.
1. Action on Monthly Personnel Matters: Action on Classified Personnel Transactions,
2. Action on Recommended Administrative Appointments, Promotions, Reassignments and R
3. Action on a Request for Authorization to Seek Educator Effectiveness and Personnel
4. Action on Monthly Finance Matters: Authorization to Make Purchases; Change Orders
5. Action on the Award of Exception-to-Bid Contracts
6. Action on Request to Waive Administrative Policy 3.09(9)(e) and Enter into a Contr
7. Action On Monthly Facilities Matters: FMS Award Of Professional Services Contract
8. Action on a Request to Approve Conservation Easements Between Milwaukee Public Sch
9. Report with Possible Action on Student Fees
10. Report and Possible Action on the Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relie
1/18/2022 - 5:30 PM
ITEMS OF BUSINESS
8. Action on a Request to Approve Conservation Easements Between Milwaukee Public Schools, the City of Milwaukee, and Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District
Strategic Plan Compatibility Statement
Effective and Efficient Operations
Admin Policy 5.01 - Facilities
1. Limited Term Conservation Easement – Columbia Playfield
2. Limited Term Conservation Easement – Custer Playfield
3. Limited Term Conservation Easement – Southgate Playfield
Limited Term Conservation Easement - Columbia Playfield.pdf
Limited Term Conservation Easement - Custer Playfield.pdf
Limited Term Conservation Easement - Southgate Playfield.pdf
Milwaukee Public Schools has collaborated with the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District and the City of Milwaukee to further advance the district’s sustainability initiatives through $211,579.10 in partnership funding grants for playfield projects at the following three recreation sites:
• Columbia Playfield - 1345 W. Columbia Street
• Custer Playfield - 4001 W. Custer Avenue
• Southgate Playfield - 3300 and 3350 S. 25th Street
The funding agreements indicate that upon completion of these green infrastructure projects that an 11-year limited term conservation easement be executed for each site in order to ensure the new green space is adequately maintained and protected. These projects have resulted in improved stormwater management through the installation of bioswales, new tree plantings, and additional green space. These efforts provide a direct benefit to the environment and create additional opportunities for MPS students to learn about advancing sustainability efforts through the implementation of green infrastructure.
Fiscal Impact Statement
There are no expenditures associated with this item.
Implementation and Assessment Plan
Upon Board approval, the limited term conservation easements will be executed with the City of Milwaukee in favor of the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District.
The Administration recommends that the Board approve the limited term conservation easements between Milwaukee Public Schools and the City of Milwaukee in favor of the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District.
Tracey Parrish - Administrative Assistant III
Sean Kane - Design & Construction Mgr III
Lynn Ruhl - Director of Financial Planning and Budget
Katrice Cotton, Ed.D. - Chief School Administration Officer
Keith Posley, Ed.D. - Superintendent